Thread: Solar Weight
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 02:44 PM   #12
Bruce in DFW
Established Member

M.O.C. #28272
AZ Traveler and Montana Man - Yes, I agree to both of your replies. The spec dry weight is 13400 with 3305 payload. Truck payload is 4450. We purchased the trailer used in 2019 and don't know the original actual dry weight and have never totally emptied it out to check dry weight with current mods. I'm sure we can do better at not over packing - but not 1000 lbs less. Here are some of the items attributing to the weight - Splendide washer/dryer, 2 x Rad e-bikes (~200 lbs with carrier), large portable generator (215 lbs), residential fridge, Purple 4 King mattress (205 lbs), 3 x recpro recliners (instead of factory recliners), toolboxes, 2 x extra 20 lb. propane tanks and luxury vinyl plank flooring throughout the entire trailer - no more linoleum or carpet).

I'm not sure what the unloaded weight of the trailer is - but I plan to check that when we get back to TX from WA in a few weeks. The whole purpose of this post is try help me determine if we can keep this trailer, which we really like, and do solar and other upgrades - or if we need to find a toy hauler instead. My truck's 5th wheel towing capacity is 20700 - so I have some room there. We really don't want to spend more money on another trailer, but I don't want to waste money on upgrades that make the weight unsafe for this trailer. I thought I could upgrade to 8K axles to provide a little more unofficial capacity, but again - that's more money that might be spent on a losing weight battle.
Bruce in DFW is offline   Reply With Quote