Thread: Entering Canada
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We are in Radium Springs, BC at the visitors center. Seems that the centers all have internet connections for a vey small donation. We are camping in the Redstreak Prov. Park. It is not made for big RVs but we got in our site and got the slides open. So what if the LR slide hangs over the picnic table.

The Canadian people are very nice. We visited with one couple from Edmonton who recommended Hwy 40 east of Jasper for our drive to Dawson City It will save us 160 miles by not going through Prince George, which we will see on the way home. So far we're not sticking to our itinerary very well. Streets and Trips are very good at estimating our travel time anyway. The roads have been great, the traffic light and we've made good progress through the small towns. It's always better to err on the side of shorter times.

Tomorrow we'll head for Banff and a nice 3 day visit, then the same amount of time at Jasper.

The diesel prices are lower than regular gas, 89 cents and 97 cents, respectively. The groceries are higher but not too bad. We stopped at a local grocery store that we thought was a Seven Eleven type store but it turned out to be the main store in town. The building was small but the lady had it stocked to the MAX.

There are very few Americans in this area but we'll see more comrades once we reach Dawson City. My hair dryer didn't work in the restroom because we have the one plug that is larger. The facilities are very nice in the Prov. Parks Be sure to use a water pressure regulator as they have great water pressure in the NW and Canada.

We had to buy a National Parks Pass for $109.00Can, a reduced price because of Glen's "advanced age". Hee, hee, I'm glad he doesn't read the forum! It will pay for itself after seven admissions to parks. Good to share with you. I'm typing fast as others may be waiting.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote