View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 10:11 AM   #9
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Pete ... the meat in foil pouches comment caught my attention. The small refrigerator/freezer in the Montana will always be an issue with me (the new Cambridge has full-size house-type refrigerators ... heavy sigh) so if we could find an acceptable substitute for at least some of our meat, it would be great. We're wondering though ... how does it taste?

Oh, and we also use Corelle and went with acrylic glasses from Target (gotta love that store!). In almost two years we've only had one casualty in the kitchen-ware-category ... a Corning Ware skillet (which was so old I haven't been able to find a replacement) ... but it was early on in our "adventure" and I had not used any "precautions" for travel. I do use squares of the non-skid stuff, but only in the stuff made of glass, like measuring cups and mixing bowls. So far, so good.

I think the key to full-timing in any rig is to make it your own ... that is, use your own personal touches/belongings to keep it from being just another camper-off-the-assembly-line.

Most importantly ... have fun!

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote