View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #26
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
John & Judy: Hope you are having a very 'uneventful' trip back north. Sounds like you have a neighbor like we did;(I sincerely hope NOT!! - I'll explain) -- whenever my truck was gone they figured they could park in our drive -- never asked me and I originally found out from a different neighbor who let me know what was going on -- and the problem is they didn't just park in the concrete driveway. One weekend they had a party that got a little wild; 'guests' were told to park next door (our drive) and they had cars parked in the driveway, the yard, and one even in the garage (yep - entered with the door down!!). When I got home, I called the police because of the damage to the house and yard (no vehicles there when I returned); during the police' investigation (asking neighbors all around)this neighbor played dumb; two other neighbors told the police what had happened; later when the police went back and and told them they were being charged with obstruction of justice and some other charges they owned up to it. Regardless, over $4,500 in immediate damages that they paid for (garage door, pd a service to fix the yard (some), plus they got a fine from the county court for the obstruction of justice and court costs. After that they never even had anyone park on the street in front of my house. We moved from that area almost 20 years ago and the house still has a remaining 'scar' from the garage door being broken down the way it was....

Oh well, long time ago -- had forgotten about it until your comment. Sorry for the long post but does bring back memories -- some good, some bad, (but mostely good) with the old neighborhood.

Again, God Speed and safe journeys!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote