View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 08:11 AM   #5
cs413
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3354
I really think you are pushing your luck. Regardless of how well your truck performs, it is still a safety factor. I live in Florida and the DOT is really good at stopping truck-trailer combinations and pulling out their portable scales. When I renew my tags every year the Dept. of Motor Vehicles asks about my DECLARED weight. They told me if you are stopped and found to be overweight, the DOT has the right to confiscate your vehicles and you are subject to a fine AND inprisonment. So be careful if you travel in Florida. That's the reason I traded my Chevy when I bought the 3650RK. The truck just wouldn't handle the trailer safely. So I did what I had to do - traded for a bigger truck. Of course now with the gas prices at a minimum of $3.00/gallon I guess I"ll be safe camping in my back yard for a while. I don't know how all you full timers are going to be able to do all the traveling with the disguisting price gouging going on right now. My heart goes out to all of you. I cancelled a trip to a nice RV park in Troy Alabama this weekend due to the expected shortage. It's getting very frustrating not being able to get away for a long weekend. New Montana and a new Truck and can't use them - now that's a crime! Oh well. Be careful and be safe.
cs413 is offline   Reply With Quote