View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #14
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hey John- you can always take out the livingroom A/C and install a new skylight! Of course it could get a little warm come a month or so down the road but you can still see the sky! LOL Really, I enjoy the sky also but like to have it darker in the morning since I don't get up at the crack of dawn anymore. I've taken the foiled bubble wrap insulation from any of the hardware or home improvement stores and stapled velcro onto the edges in spots and them mounted velcro to the ceiling or around the opening that matches the stapled velcro and stick the sucker up! If I want light early, I just don't put it up in the evening! I do take it down when we shower. It's even nice to put up in the afternoon if you want to use the bed for a little nap to get you by! We don't have the second A/C in the bedroom so we also have the same thing covering the vent there. Also keeps the sum from heating up the bedroom. I can open the vent and still get some air in but keep the light out! Going to check on putting the bubble wrap on the two windows at the head of the bed also to keep out that light in the morning! We'll see how that works!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote