View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:34 AM   #112
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Maybe the places you live and drive a DRW is no problem. Not around here. Large big box store parking lots are generally not much problem. But smaller stores, doctor/dental offices, smaller shopping centers, even larger shopping malls, many drive thrus, etc simply are not easy even for my CC LB SRW. Many have their parking slots and drives cut down to bare minimum. Duallys fenders barely fit within the white lines in the parking slots leaving a few inches for the next space. Two duallys side by side you probably could not walk between the fenders without turning sideways. If you could get them side by side in the first place. My bank drive thru I fold in the mirrors to make sure they do not hit the guard posts. Can't fold in the outer fenders. Again just a few inches clearance. Many drive thrus have curbed turns entering and/or exiting the order posts. I can just clear the curbs in many cases. A DRW, no.

If the trailer weight dictates a DRW, then that is what a person should get. If a person simply wants a DRW, great, get one. But it the weight does not require it, and a person does not want it, then a DRW is not the choice to make.

If you are speaking strictly about an F250 vs an F350 SRW, then ignore my comments.
Had Duallies since 2004.. i go thru drive thrus and park anywhere a car parks. The fenders are only as wide as the mirrors stick out, no more.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote