View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 06:19 AM   #7
robertwhenderson

M.O.C. #7708
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dean A Van Peursem

I would like to piggy back on Steve's comments. We have experienced almost the same leaks as Steve has mentioned. Water pump connection leaks, pipe leaks behind the convenience center panel and also the pipes and connections leading to the bath/shower faucets. All leaks showed up by puddling to the left of the steps to the master bedroom and in front of the pantry cabinet. The last leak, the pump connection leak, was the hardest to find and it is my current thinking that I may have inadvertently caused that leak by bumping the lines/connections to the pump while fixing the other pipe leaks. Our first major leak was when a plastic pipe came off a bib and that flooded the kitchen and I'm not even including that one because it was so large and obvious it doesn't apply as "hard to find". I was able to push the pipe back on the bib w/o loosening the pipe clamp. It apparently had never been tightened properly at the factory. Really upset me. With the exception of the many other water leaks we had in the first 3 days of ownership which I haven't even mentioned here, I was able to fix all these leaks myself. Not because I wanted to but because it was quicker, more convenient and less expensive to do so rather than uprooting the RV and taking it to a dealer. Whenever possible, while the unit was under warranty, I have had almost all repairs done at the dealer even if I knew what the problem was and knew how to fix it. Even simple ones. IMHO the only way that Montana will ever improve their manufacturing quality will be due to excessive warranty repair costs and/or a customer revolt. IMHO they haven't learned that yet. But haven't bought a new Montana unit in over 2 years so I don't have first hand knowledge if their assembly/manufacturing quality has improved since our unit was manufactured. And if our litany of problems we have experienced with our unit over two years continues, we will never buy another Montana. Our 3400RL is currently at the dealer getting a Black tank replaced due to it leaking from a large crack above the exit pipe. A major, out of warranty expense but still less than the cost of an Extended Warranty policy. I'm sure you will read into this response that I am more than dissatisfied and very annoyed with the quality of the 3400RL we received. You will be correct in that perception.

Had we not had this forum to access and get valuable help from several members during our many and continuing problems we would have "up the creek w/o a paddle".

And I thought my 3400RL (2008) was just a lemon built on a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning! In less than a year I have had the gray water dump valve replaced and both gray and black tanks replaces. Several leaks from loose connectors, one requiring the kitchen slide to be removed and part of the kitchen floor to be replaced. Toilet leak in the basement area (they forgot to put thread sealant on the toilet waste pipe). Both AC rockers switches had to be replaced(real junk)and the list goes on. Fortunately all was under warranty. But now that the unit is out of warranty I have developed a leak in the sewer flushing system. Every time I flush the black tank the sliding bedroom door gets wet. Why these pipes are in this area is beyond me, I guess I'll have to call Keystone customer service, what a joke that will be.(LOL).

As you said we too will NEVER buy another Montana or anything else made by Ketstone!!!

Robert
robertwhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote