View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #11
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Bingo:
I have had a 340 for quite a while. What I like about it is the digital speedometer which comes up in the lower left hand corner when you punch the map key. I use this to set my cruise on the highway when towing and any other time you want to use it. Another thing you can do is go to spell and put in the word "CAMPGROUND". It will look them up for you wherever your unit is and give you the direction for your point and distance. If you see one that you think you might like, just punch on it. It will take you there...and yes you can hook it up to your computer and get updates. I have updated mine a few times, but I can't see any difference in maping or anything. I know of a resturant in my home town that has been there for 10 years and it is not in there. I also know of a by-pass around a town that is 4 lane and been there for 3 years and when you are on the by-pass, you are driving through a field because there is no road there. All in all, It is a good unit and was affordable at purchase time. Don't forget to register it with Garmin on their website. I also have a Garmin dash mount pad that holds the unit. I stuck a piece of velcro on the dash and on that. It has the quick detach lever to take it off and hid if you want to when locking up vehicle... Hope you enjoy it, I know I like mine....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote