View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #22
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
I never get bored reading these discussions. Commercial vehicles only at our weigh scales in Newfoundland and, as far as I know, all across Canada. BC has a regulation on break-away braking and trailer/dingy brakes with a weight threshold on when these are required. Any police officer can stop any vehicle that they suspect is unsafe.

I have a very good friend who was involved with vehicle safety testing with the federal Dept. of Transport. According to him, driver trainin/education has many benefits but the primary reasons our roads kill fewer people per miles driven are:

1. Vehicle design including tires.
2. Seat belts and airbags.
3. Less drinking and driving.
4. Better roads.

I need an endorsement to drive a motorcycle but not an RV. An air brakes endorsement is only required for vehicles over a certain weight.

IMHO the best things that we, as a community, can do to improve RV road safety is to push manufacturers to produce a safe product, match TV, trailer and hitch appropriately, maintain our equipment and then to drive like everyone else on the road is our best friend and just got their license.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote