View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 05:14 AM   #1
glenski01
Established Member

M.O.C. #6561
New to me, 04 Duramax

While shopping for a new 5th whl, I advised the RV salesman, that I wanted to look around more at other 5th wheels (he carried Laredo, Everest, & Paradise Pointe by Crossroads & alot of Motorhome Mfgs), & besides I needed to purchase a new truck to replace my Yukon Denali, before I actually got a 5th wheel. He informed me a guy was trading a 99 Holiday Rambler fiver & an 04 Silverado Duramax crewcab 4x4 in for a new Holiday Rambler class A diesel motorhome & that they would wholesale the truck off as they only sell RV's. He stated he would call me when he got it in to take a look at the truck, he did not know all the specifics on the truck. I fiqured, well 1st we will see if he even calls me, secondly it probably will not be a truck I want.

Sure enough yesterday the salesman called me & I went to look at the truck. I had planned on purchasing a brand new truck in March when my current vehicle lease was up. The Silverado was a Silver 2500 HD Duramax, super clean, like new, and only 11,700 miles, owned & maintained by an engineer. There was not a scratch on the truck, even has flawless Rhino bed lining, & appeared it never hauled anything other than a 5th wheel. Wholesale was $25-26, avg private party was $28-31K. They offered me the truck for $23K, which stemmed from their best "buy bid" from a car dealership. (actually I paid $23K plus $289 dealer fee). Truck even has Reese hitch, & prodigy brake controller installed.

Generally, I don't buy used vehicles,& want the latest model/features. However I have not been real thrilled with the looks of the new 07 1/2 Silverado (interiors are nice though), plus diesel models are not quite out yet & I understand the new engines may or may not have some issues due to all the new emissions stuff. I am not one to be manufactor specific, I like the Dodge, Ford, & Chev trucks, each one has something I like, so I was not dead set on any brand yet, just knew it had to be 3/4 or 1 T, diesel & 4x4. I figured I can't go wrong with this truck for now.

So, long story, I now have the truck, on to a Montana 5th wheel, probably for March/April delivery.
glenski01 is offline   Reply With Quote