View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 03:02 PM   #32
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quartzsite Wagon Master Needed

Quartzsite needs a Wagon Master!

We all know that life happens. Bob has an issue that will keep him from attending the rally. I was prepared to assist, but I sold my truck (got an offer I couldn’t refuse) two months ago. I was hoping the new truck would arrive in time for the Quartzsite rally, but, realistically, there is zero chance that is going to happen; I’ll consider myself lucky if the truck arrives in time for the June rally.

That leaves Quartzsite without a wagon master. This is not a big deal since the Quartzsite rally is simple and almost runs itself. The wagon master just needs to:
  • Be there a day or so early to secure the campsite
  • Put up a sign to the campsite. We didn’t do this last year and no one got lost. Bob has signs at his place in Sun City of someone is passing through and wants to pick up.
  • Recruit volunteers and help with parking rigs.
  • Collect $10 from everyone and purchase firewood.
  • Arrange for the pumper truck to come around late in the week to pump the tanks. You’ll need to do this several weeks in advance. Poll the attendees and see how many want the service. Last year we had enough for them to make the trip (from Blythe, CA), but as the day approached all but a couple backed out so we cancelled.
I will continue to monitor this thread for members signing up and will keep the registration list current.

Let us know who can help out with this.