View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 11:43 AM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Need ideas, suggestions please?

Our Montana High Country 375 FL has 4 slides. The big slide is in the kitchen area (middle of the trailer and is also the largest. It holds the Samsung residential refrigerator, a flimsy wall that boxes in the refrigerator, and the stand alone table and chairs. On the floor is carpeting.

We have dogs and occasionally they make potty messes on that carpet area. We have had the carpet covered with rubber runners which does catch the doggie wet spots, but still, after 4 years, the carpet in that area is shot.

A couple years ago I pulled up the carpet from the front of the slide on the main floor area and got rid of it. A thousand staples removed and the main floor is in good shape.

Today, I pulled up the rest of the carpet, that is actually in the slide, cleaned up the area well and now need to make a decision what to replace on the floor. Another carpet is not the answer.

I think the reason I've hesitated to remove that last portion of carpet until now is because I really have no idea what to replace on the floor. I figure, since we are home right now and weather isn't too horribly cold, now would be a good time to deal with it. By pulling up the carpet, I now HAVE TO replace it with something.

We have enough laminate flooring left over from a kitchen (partial) remodel I did over the winter. I like the laminate and it does not have to match the original linoleum on the main floor. I don't expect it to.

However, I pulled out one of the left over boxes, and my gosh that stuff is heavy.

So, here I am at a momentary pause. Before hitting the Home Depot type stores and just browsing the flooring sections I though I go ahead an bounce this off the forum group.

If you have replaced the flooring in any of your slides, what did you replace the floor with? If it was laminate, has the weight of that stuff affected the performance of the slide.

In my case, it already holds a heavy refrigerator and a pretty heavy table. Adding another 200 to 300 pounds on the slide (or more) ... well ... what's your ideas and thoughts?

Suggestions gladly welcome.

Thanks.
DutchmenSport is online now   Reply With Quote