View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #35
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Check with Costco for pricing. They often are better priced, plus warranty is usually better. Personally anyone can have a bad experience with any tire, there are any number of circumstances that can lead to a tire failure and often play a critical part. Some tires are notoriously bad and well known. But, as a rule, I don’t put much stock in limited personal experience/advice. Instead, I talked to a hitch/air lift installer in Elkhart, Indiana (Dan’s Hitch). I was getting fitted for some air lifts for my truck, the first thing he asked was, “what tires do you have on your truck?” They install thousands of hitches, towing equipment and air lifts, so his advice was, “Stick with the Michelin truck tires you have, they’re the best”. Doesn’t mean other people’s advice given on this forum on tires are not worthy, just this guy sees a lot more than all of us combined. This is our second 1 ton truck with Michelin’s, I can’t imagine driving on anything different. And, no, he’s not a tire dealer.