View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 03:02 PM   #38
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
AC Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjacobs3791RD View Post
UPDATE: Trying to contain my frustration with this $h!t.. I picked the Montana up on Friday after the dealer could not replicate the problem. We bounced ideas off of each other and I thought it may be something not right with the electrical at my house. Dometic had thrown the idea out to us that something on the same circuit at my house might be giving an odd feedback that was causing it to glitch. I thought that was a far reach, but at this point nothing was out of the question.

Being it didn't act up for the three days it was at the dealer, I got it home and plugged it in the same spot I had it in before. Friday night it screwed up, Saturday morning it screwed up. I ran the cord to a different plug on a different breaker. Everything worked great, no issues with either unit, no high/low switching, no shutting off and not coming back on, everything was just like it should be..........until yesterday evening. Back to the same song and dance. Rear a/c shut off and wouldn't come back on, shut that one off and turned the front a/c on. Front ran as it should through the night until 7am. Temp was set at 66 and I felt it getting warm but I was in and out of the camper so I didn't touch the thermostat. To my suprise, it kicked back on. I checked and the temp inside, it was 5 degrees above the set point. Thought that was a little odd but hell I don't know what's normal at this point. One minute into running, the fan starts the same crap shutting off for a few seconds, coming back on low, running for one minute, shutting off, starting back up still on low, running for a minute, shutting off, starting back up on high...over and over. Que the recording to document it, it's uploaded here.

https://youtu.be/r1tZbemNq0E

I've read through everyone's responses and appreciate everyone chiming in. I've have had a lot of the same theories, bad airflow, nail through wiring, etc. But in this 9-minute video this morning there is too much of a pattern.

Starts on High
0:29 Off
0:34 Low
1:35 Off
1:40 Low
2:40 Off
2:43 Low
3:43 Off
3:47 High
4:47 Off
4:51 Low
5:50 Off
5:54 Low
6:53 Off
6:57 Low
7:58 Off
8:02 Low
9:01 Off
9:04 High

It shuts off for 4 seconds every 60 seconds after the fan kicks on.

I am beyond pi$$ed at this point and don't know which way to turn.
I sent you a Private Message. I hope I can help. Please reply.