View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Wasn't going to say anything, but.........

The idea of getting a good lawyer to deal with Keystone was expressed. I have thought about that over the last day or two. In my opinion, that is not a good idea. Once litigation is in play, an adversarial relation takes precedence over all others. Bargaining goes out the window. Then it is one side against the other and someone must win and the other must lose.

I, for one, don't want that kind of relationship with Keystone or my dealer. In my experience, results from negotiation and persuasion far exceed the outcome of litigation. Additionally, I don't have to give half the proceeds to the lawyer.

I do realize that some situations can arise where litigation is not only the last resort, but seems to be the only resort. However, I would hope that ALL other avenues for satisfactory resolution are exhausted before any kind of litigation is considered.

In my opinion, from what has been posted on the MOC time after time, Keystone has stepped across their obligatory line to provide customer service. Once an adversarial relationship is established, that kind of cooperative relationship is lost.

I am not trying to start trouble. As a former Certified Mediator in the State of Texas, I have a basis for my comments.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote