View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
If it were me, I'd be putting a skirting around the bottom of the unit if you buy it. I'd use the pink rigid foam sheeting and about 2 1/2 or 3" thick and secure it somehow from the ground to under the unit or frame, fitting tight against both. I'd also put one or two thermostatically controlled electrical heaters under the unit to keep the pipes from freezing because even by blowing the lines out you will not be able to totally get all water out of them. The heaters would also help to keep the black and gray tanks from freezing or you could also put tank heaters on each tank also. These are like heating pads that connect to the bottom of each tank and are thermostatically controlled also. Concerning the 3400 itself, be sure to inspect it very closely to see if there have been any water leaks anywhere in the unit. You can find several PDI lists here on the Forum by typing PDI in the Search engine at the top of the main page. You won't be able to use all of it but it will give you a good idea on what to check prior to buying the 3400.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote