View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #13
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxDually View Post
Believe me I'm still looking. I had a chevy dealer tell me that they don't do Dually/aluminum wheels and they sell the dam trucks. It's a 2 part problem. The 1st part is the aluminum rim issue and the second bigger part is that my truck is a crew cab, long bed dually. The majority of "tire" places in my area can't handle it. They tell me they can but they can't and they don't have the large size cone to hold the wheel on the spin balancer.
The guy at GoodYear broke his lift when he tried to lift my truck. It was an "H" lift. He pulled it into the bay, he positioned the the arms on the lift under the frame and proceeded to lift the truck. Once the lift started taking the weight off the suspension, my tires were still on the ground, one of the arms on the lift snapped. Luckily my truck wasn't off the ground yet..I wish I could find a place that I don't have to worry about getting my wheels or truck damaged..

One of the reasons I rotate my own tires. The other reason, is that a lot of places torque your wheels, but the problem is they set the air wrench too tight ,and all they do is hear the torque wrench click, they are already too tight.

With that being said ,I buy my tires pretty much from the same dealer . Have had no issues with them damaging my alloy wheels. They always match prices, and even if they don't carry what I want ,they will get them.

What I do is stand over them ,and won't let them use the air wrench, and as said the only chance they get with my wheels is the mounting ,and balancing when I purchase them . After that I rotate. I know thats not for everyone ,but so far I rotate myself. There will be a day I'm sure when I won't want too. But at 72 not a problem yet.

Another thing, back many years ago , I did go in for a rotation, and balance, he asked me when I said I need them rotated ,and balanced, do they need balancing ,and I said they feel fine , just thought they were supposed to be balance when rotated. He told me if there was no issue with them leave them alone. To this day I have yet felt like I needed tires balanced , lucky ? ,maybe.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote