View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:00 AM   #13
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet4jdc View Post
Personally I wish Keystone would have taken the time and effort they are putting into the "new" model and spent that on the existing products. I get the fact they may be reaching a new customer with this model but let's face it, they already make a bunch of different products to fit need.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Keystone fan and we have owned three of them for the past 14 years. I think their line of products rate better than many other brands out there. I also realize RVs are still built by hand one at a time and things can happen during the build process that will cause the end user a bunch of headache.

I wish Keystone would be more involved in good ole fashioned "quality control". There are just too may things in the Keystone line that should never cause the end user an issue in the first year of ownership. I read this and other forums and am involved in numerous groups on social media. I see way too many issues people are having with new rigs in the first year.

I know many of you will say it's not Keystone but it's the vendor products. That may be true for a water heater or a fridge. So Keystone should use a different vendor if their product has too many failures. But it's not just vendor products, it's also QC of the materials and finishes. There are just way too many stories of trim not fitting well or popping off. Too many doors that don't close. Too many compartments that leak around the seal. Too many rips in that lovely darco! Too many sinks or toilets that leak. Too many slides or windows that leak. And we all know water is an RV'ers enemy. The sad part is most of these items are a problem because of the methods they were installed and that's it.

I know Mootana is on here frequently and I know he cares deeply about the Montana line and the end user satisfaction. He has even helped me out on a warranty item and Keystone stepped up to help. My challenge for him and Keystone is to make major improvements on the lines you are building. Take a survey of the problems that happen over and over and then evaluate how to solve those problems. New slides and windows should never leak and darco is a bad idea on any unit! That's my honest opinion.
Points taken! We are and will continue to strive to build our customers better product.