Thread: Camping World
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #13
northern lights
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18757
Send a message via AIM to northern lights
CW used to be my go to place. I've been a Good Sam member 14 years & have had great success with their road service.
But, the sales/ parts/service depts at the stores are different.
A friend had a roof replaced & it blew off on the interstate. It was a fight to get them to replace what the did.
I went in to buy a 5th from them for cash & the salesman was insistent on my filling out a credit app instead & financing it. He wouldn't listen to me. I paid cash elsewhere.
Recently, I had a sweep seal on the top of a slide come off.
I went to CW to buy an adhesive if they had something suitable The parts counter person wouldn't ask a tech for a recommendation & I was told that I would have to call a national CW phone number & I could talk to a tech since I had a membership there He could make a recommendation.
I called there & was told the only way I could talk to a tech was to have a Premier Membership which cost about triple the price of a regular membership that I have had 14 years. I didn't even know there was a Premier membership.
I went to a local Mom & Pop & the owner took me back into the shop & he showed me the tube of adhesive he used. He didn't sell it, but told me where to buy it locally. I should have gone there in the first place.
northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote