View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #12
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Wednesday, 5:30 PM MST, and I have light from the bedroom wall lamps again. It took a bit of trial and error, however. Everything was fine after I put in the new fuse; I turned on both lamps and the lights burned again. Then I turned off the lamps to put in a new bulb to replace one of the two in my lamp that burned out some time ago. When I turned on that lamp again, the fuse blew immediately. I turned off the lamp, removed the new bulb (which was black at that point), and replaced the fuse again . Then I swiped one of the bulbs from Wayne's lamp (he'll never miss it, trust me on that one), put it in my lamp, turned it on, and the fuse didn't blow.

The new bulb came from a package of spares we bought at an RV dealership (not the one where we bought our Montana), but obviously they are not the right ones for our wall lamps. Neither the package nor the base of the bulb has anything other than some rather cryptic symbols and "Made in China" on it. While the parts department person assured us they were the right bulbs, I don't believe they are. They are the same physical size and appear to be the same filament configuration, but there's nothing indicating voltage or anything else. The package itself just says "Auto Bulbs."

I won't complain--at least I have light to read by again, and when I get back to Bish's, I'll stock up on the right bulbs.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote