View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 01:08 PM   #17
KausalityKid
Established Member

M.O.C. #30392
Quote:
Originally Posted by VagabondLove View Post
Why didn’t you run the macerator hose into your house toilet? Dumping human waste blindly into the woods is a horrible idea. Also, I’m sure there are plenty of places in Jacksonville where you can dump your waste, with a lot less effort than setting up a macerator.
Sorry for the delay in responding to this. It got lost in the plethora of junk email I get. When I started I really didn’t know that the toilet was an option. Until I ran across some page that talked about the different places you could empty. So I’ve started using the toilet in our spare bathroom, but had to buy an extra 25 feet of hose. I agree that that is not a good idea, but I thought it was my only option at the time, other than an RV storage place up the street they wanted to charge me $75 to empty my tank. I thought that was a huge rip off since there are free places. Also, I am still getting used to pulling this 41 foot monstrosity around, and to pull it out just to take the half hour trip to a free dumping place it was not appealing. I live on a cul-de-sac and our driveway extends up one side of the house for a good 50 feet. Please trust me when I say it is an incredible hassle to park the RV back there. Maybe in the future when I get more comfortable with backing it up it won’t be such a frightening for me.

BTW, the macerator I bought required a 12 V 20 amp power source. I bought a converter, but that thing scares the hell out of me too. At first I used alligator clips, then realized I just needed to wire it directly to the macerator and cover up where they connect with heat shrinking material so that nobody accidentally touch the contacts and killed themselves.
KausalityKid is offline   Reply With Quote