View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by KausalityKid View Post
...Yes, it says 1 of each, but what I learned was that was quite misleading. In was always wondering why I had an additional dumping drain that terminated at my axle. Also there was a drainage open handle. Apparently, thei truth is that there are 2 tanks of grey and 1 black. The additional tank is for the kitchen drainage and probably the bathroom sink and shower also. The other gray tank is for urine and feces from the toilet.....
The Montana documentation has *NEVER* specified the number of grey (or black) tanks. They always specify the capacity. Sites like RV Trader and other sales sites usually say 1 tank because they don't have a clue. The most common question from new owners is "why is my kitchen sink backing up? I drained my grey tank". All seem to believe there is only 1 tank and don't realize there are two grey and there are separate handles for each.

In your case, there are three tanks (not counting fresh water). The black tank is for the toilet. One grey is for the sink and shower in the bathroom. The second grey is for the kitchen sink.

Here is a snip of the Keystone pages for HC specifications. Note the 335BH Waste capacity jumped to 88 gals. Obviously it has two black tanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HC Specs.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	12568  

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote