View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 02:16 PM   #12
KausalityKid
Established Member

M.O.C. #30392
Talking Keystone documentation is their weakest point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Good to hear. I did some research on you model and I only see 1 gray, 1 black and 1 fresh. What am I missing?
Yes, it says 1 of each, but what I learned was that was quite misleading. In was always wondering why I had an additional dumping drain that terminated at my axle. Also there was a drainage open handle. Apparently, thei truth is that there are 2 tanks of grey and 1 black. The additional tank is for the kitchen drainage and probably the bathroom sink and shower also. The other gray tank is for urine and feces from the toilet.

EDIT: I almost forgot this other tidbit. The specs on my model says it only has two wheels and two axles. Guess what? I have three of each

Well on the topic of Keystone documentation I have a big bone to pick with them. Having spent 30+ years in an industry that required copious amounts of user documentation I find that the Keystone manuals that they provide are extremely inadequate. They reek of laziness. Almost every topic has very little description or information, but instead a hyperlink to another company‘s website. I understand why they do it. It’s because they use so many products from other manufacturers in the development and construction of their RVs that they feel the most up-to-date and accurate information would be on the third-party manufacture’s site. However, they do it almost obsessively, why am I saying almost, they do it everywhere on every topic. It’s frustrating to finally find somewhere in the manual that talks about what you were interested in at that point how much you find that you have to now go to another manufacture’s site and track down the product that you are looking for information on.

Oh yeah, BTW I’m willing to admit here in front of God and Montana lovers of all kind that I hooked up a hose to the flush inlet and got distracted. We have a Husqvarna auto mower, it’s like a rumba for your lawn, and fixing a broken wire and forgot all about my hook up to the flush inlet. I didn’t quite catch it in time so I had a minor flood with a little bit it poo goo on the bathroom floor . So learn from my mistakes since I don’t seem to be able to do it myself.
KausalityKid is offline   Reply With Quote