Thread: Tire Rub
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 02:32 PM   #13
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
Certainly worn out shear springs and suspension components can cause the fenders to rub on the tires but I have a much simpler thing to look at. Assuming that all suspension components are in proper working order, it could be as simple as UV light causing the fenders to deform and curve in toward the wheels. I probably invited the problem when I upgraded from LR E Marabombs to LR G G614s. Mine did this on both sides. All it takes to fix it is removing the screw from the center fender support bracket and bending the bracket to force the center of the fender away from the wheels. When you find the "sweet spot" using the hold in the fender as a guide, drill a new hole in the support bracket and reinstall the screw. One one fender I also had to grind away some of the plastic where it wraps under the fender. No problems since.