View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 04:04 AM   #219
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Doom & Gloom?? Well maybe, I like to think I am realistic.

The reality is that costs have gone up dramatically, food, fuel, everything.

The reality is we are on a limited budget, we cannot sell our house in this market, the Ford Mo Co retirement checks are still coming in .

Reality is we had some serious financial set backs lately, which took about 2 to 3 years of our travel $$, that figure was based on travel budgets of about 4 years ago.

Reality is we are re-examining all of our choices right now, including how we may use Tana in the future.

Reality is, we have no control over the ever shrinking dollar, the ever increasing fuel dollar.

Reality is, and you must face it, that that retirement check may stop coming in. OKKK, you may think the chances are remote, but, our experience and that of family on retirement checks is, well, it happens. Steel companies go out of business, retirement checks stop, can happen with auto companies too.

We don't eat out that much, had to these last 4 days, wowie, the food was too rich, not healthy, expensive, but, we had a GREAT time with our friends, priceless memories, thinner wallet, now back on the diet and honkered down in the stick built.

Reality is something you need to study and consider. My reality surely is not that of any other MOC member. My comments are based on my reality and concerns for the future. I have opinions about reality and head in the sand. I cannot change reality/future, but, I can try to not be a head in the sand person. But, again, that is my thing, eh???

Did anyone see where they are saying the stock market is now officially Bear?? Nope, cannot do a thing about it, and what does it mean to me?? To me it is a flag, I see it, what do I do about it?? Beats the *&^$@ out of me!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote