View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 04:28 PM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tnorfitz

I was at my Montana dealer today and he inquired about what he was going to install the Pull Rite Superglide hitch onto. (Bedliner, spray in liner, or straight bed). My original thoughts were to get a bedliner installed, and then have them cut out the bedliner where the support rails were to be attached.
My truck dealer highly reccomends the Line-X spray-in bedliner. I looked at his truck to see the application and it really looked pretty tough.
Does anyone out there have this type of bedliner application If so, how did they install the hitch Did they spray the bed and attach the hitch support rails on top of the Line-X?, or do you attach the hitch support rails first and then spray the bedliner in
I want the best solution figured out before all the goodies come in.
I have a little concern about attaching the hitch support rails over the Line-X because the Line-X is a very hard, rubbery type, spray-in liner, that seems to be about 1/16" thick. I'm worried about there being enough flex in the Line-X product to cause the hitch to work itself loose on the road.
Any ideas on the product, or the way to attach a hitch to a spray-in application
First of all, I have a Pullrite SuperGlide in an 03 2500HD.
Secondly, There are NO hitch support rails. NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA.
Third, Get the spray in and forget the drop in.

As my signature says, I have the PullRite Superglide in an 03 2500HD and no part of the Superglide rests on the bed as it is NOT mounted as most other hitches.
NO PART. I REPEAT NO PART of the PullRite touches the bed and therefore would not effect a Line-X or Rhino liner. I wish I had gone with the Line-X or Rhino but instead went with the cheap plastic drop in crap. As a matter of fact, the PullRite doesn't even touch my drop in liner and it surely won't touch your spray in.

First thing the dealer does is to attach 4 brackets directly to the frame beneath the bed. Than he drills 4 holes thru the bed to correspond with 4 mounting holes in the brackets. Into these 4 holes he inserts 4- 3/4 inch steel rods that lock into place in the brackets with just a quarter turn. Than he mounts the Pullrite onto these 4 steel rods. The rods actually hold the hitch off of the bed. again, NO PART of the PullRite touches the bed of the truck.

Now when you remove the hitch and the 4 rods there is NOTHING on the bed with the exception of 4 holes. No bed rails, no nothing.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote