View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 08:33 AM   #6
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Great idea, Glenn! I've wondered the same thing and hope you'll keep a tally.

I've been full-timing solo since February 2003.

Basically, I love the lifestyle and feel that I'm living my dream. However, I'd have to give it a 9 because I occasionally miss things in a stick house like a garbage disposal, dishwasher, garage, patio cover that's windproof, etc. I also miss being able to join a book club, have the same neighbors every week, and go to my favorite hairdresser/doctor/dentist whenever I need them. On the other hand, I'm making new friends every week, as well as crossing paths with continuing friends and sharing stories of our adventures. And I could go on forever about all the great things I enjoy about full-timing - but I won't, or you won't have space for anyone else's response!

I plan to continue full-timing as long as I'm still enjoying it, finding new places to explore, and am healthy enough to handle it.

P.S. When I *do* hang up the keys, I hope it's at the Escapees CARE center in Livingston, TX, where I can get as much medical/assistance support as needed. And I hope my last check is to the funeral home - and that it bounces!
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote