View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 03:05 AM   #12
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Probably need another thread but I am interested in info on the FASS system if it helps in Cummins starting problems. (So far my 6.0 starts everytime) The shop I work for has a small fleet of Dodges and have constant starting problems. And can hear a Dodge Cummins trying to be started in almost any parking lot. Seems to be a very common problem, seems Dodge should address it.
As for the second AC. We ordered our Mountaineer with the second unit. Unfornatuly the Mountaineer only comes with the 30 supply cord. Both units do not work well with only 30 Amps. I rewired my bedroom unit on a seperate circut that comes out to an outlet that I can plug in to the almost always available 20 amp circut in the RV outlet box. The other nice thing is that while away there is not much chance of blowing both circut breakers. Our old motorhome had the Duo Therm Penguin AC. It is a ductless Heat pump, worked very well and was reliable. It had a digital thermostat so the guesswork as to the temp setting being eliminated. My Mountaineer came with the Coleman but if I had to buy one to install it would be the Duotherm Penguin.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote