View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
2007.5 Chevy 3500 ???????

Total DISAPOINTMENT with GM, today got a call from my saleman to discuss submiting the order for our Chevy 1 ton dually. Was told they worked up the order yesterday, and was calling to get the ok to order. There is no rebates on the new body style, and today GM put a hold on the Duramax 1 tons. Also the Diesel Particulate filter (DPF) is located in the exhaust system and when it collects so many polutants it must go into REGEN and burn it off, there will be a lite on the dash area and will come on during the burn process then the Truck must be run for some time to complete the burn (1200 degrees) if it doesn't burn off in three attempts the computer will put the Truck in limp mode, and you will have to take it to the dealership for repair and its not under warranty. The DPF system is suppose to last for 200,000 mile?????? You must then replace it at a cost 0f $2,300 or more. Remember the exhaust converter, here we go again being mess over by the goverment again. Tree huggers has really hurt the Diesel Trucks and it just the begining.. So I guess my Chevy Kodiak is a keeper and its paid for...GBY.....

P.S. I must say I haven't seen this in writing........
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote