View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 08:35 PM   #87
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
TPO welding..... Now that's a new one on me Tony! Pretty sure that particular skill set isn't in my wheelhouse. Hope the dealer repair goes well for you.

Update: The MHC is no longer a three leg dog. Got the new hub Keystone sent to the house put on, as well as the new lug nuts two new wheels and tires. Couldn't quite rest on my laurels there though, so indeed got the other 24 lug studs replaced as well as new lug nuts. New hub got a fresh set of Timken bearings "just because". I guess I should not have been shocked to find that Dexter has obviously been installing Chinese bearing sets. Three pound "Halliburton hammer" about wore me out getting all the replacement studs driven home, but seated they are. I'll probably stop twice minimum on our two hour trip Thursday to southwest Arkansas to recheck the torque specs on everything. Fingers crossed for this next outing being trouble free. Looking forward to some R&R now.

Happy camping all! For those in the Florida area - hunker down! Better yet, great excuse for an out of state camping trip.....
The Dexter rep at the seminar I sat in on at the Rally went over torque sequence during his presentation. 3 stages of torque and then three intervals following each wheel removal. After 10 miles, then 25 miles, then 50. Then he said: "then you're done". (Their bulletin on it says to check it periodically after that). Thought I would pass that on as it was fresh in my mind from 2 weeks ago. Good luck.
http://hltlimitedtrailers.com/wp-con...quirements.pdf
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote