View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 02:35 PM   #20
On The Road Again
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1725
Just trying to keep some info flowing about our attempt to start a Virginia Spring Rally.
Rosemary and I will be going up to the Shenandoah Valley next Wed and we plan on visiting several campgrounds and discuss with them what they may or may not have available for a MOC Rally. I'm already aware of one excellent campground (Walnut Hills in Staunton, VA) that could definitely handle our group and is only 3 miles off of I-81, however, we will still check out the other ones in that area. There are around 3/4 nicely rated campgrounds close along I-81 that could handle our group,I think, even though at this time we're not sure how many may attend. The other thing we have to decide is what dates do we want to meet, although most replies I've received have mentioned sometime during the last 2 weeks of April.....sounds good to me.
Then we need to decide how many days do we want to have this Rally, 3/4 days, a week, perhaps starting on a Thur and ending on Sunday ?
Anyway, Rosemary and I will be leaving Oct 20th and returning Oct 28th. Since I don't have a laptop (yet) or a modem hook-up while on the road, I'll have to wait until we return to give ya'll further info.
In the meantime, keep those post'ems coming with all those good ideas and suggestions.
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote