View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL Tim... While I haven't lived in Texas for a while I often go back to visit relatives and such. The places you mention are great, but I was referring to right off I-10. If you venture north or south of I-10 since all of West Texas if pretty big, now you're talking. Lots to see and do but don't forget that Texas is HUGE so it can take a little while to get around. I still don't think there's any way to improve El Paso and I heard that from the relatives who live there and told me that they only like it because it's inexpensive to live there (But it's number one for dust and ugliest males in the U.S., LOL)! Okay then, to each their own - DW reminded me of the recent ugliest men in the U.S. poll.

Boylanag - I couldn't tell the timeframe for your Grand Canyon trip but if there is still snow in some areas it certainly shouldn't be so bad to prevent discomfort. While rare, there can be freak snow storms in April but I don't think they last long and maybe not that late in the month. After all the Canyon's south rim a bit over 7000 ft in elevation. I can now anticipate that your slow but long trip should avoid the snowstorms as you proceed north. Sedona should be absolutely incredible prior to getting there if there is still some snow around - very green vegetation, tan/grey rocks, very red dirt and white snow - what a vision.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote