View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 08:51 PM   #11
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAWilsonPE View Post
Hello Brad,

I hope you are doing well! I do not have a lot of information on what the "high performance" package provides other than what is on the Starlink website. The "flat high performance in motion" package uses the same hardware as their "business" package. These use a different dishy from the standard package with a wider view of the sky (140 degress vs 100 degrees for the standard dishy) This allows for connection to more satellites and can switch to those that are faster more quickly, I assume.

I quote from Starlink webpage:

Business High Performance: "Best for power user, business, and enterprise applications. It allows better speeds at high temperatures, can connect to more satellites, and is more resilient to extreme environments."

Flat High Performance: "Designed for mobility applications and challenging environments. With a wide field of view and enhanced GPS capabilities, it can connect to more satellites, allowing for consistent connectivity while on the go. The hardware is designed for a permanent installation and is more resilient to extreme environments. Currently the only designated dish for in-motion use in approved countries."

I can tell you that the high performance router is different than the standard one as well, because I asked if I could buy the standard package and upgrade just the dishy later when the price comes down but they told me you need the high performance router to match the HP dishy.

I can tell you with a clear view of the sky (we are at a SC beach now with a pretty open site) I have been seeing download speeds between 70 and 270 Mb/sec and uploads at 10-25 Mb/sec. There are a few trees so I am getting "obstructed" times between 45 seconds over 12 hours to a max of 7 minutes over 12 hours, but never for more than 15 seconds at a time.

Someone else will have to chime in with their experience with the standard setup for comparison.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards, Mike
Thanks Mike, yes very helpful!

I tried to find the info on Starlink site, but obviously didn't dig deep enough. That is very good performance you are seeing. If it works well in typical tree covered parks that would be very good indeed.

Hope you guys are doing well, and enjoy your time at the beach!

Brad