View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #14
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Schweizer View Post
Hey guys, do any of these hearing devices help with reducing the "ringing in the ears" ? I as well spent too many years not wearing ear protection around heavy equipment, construction equipment, etc. Losing my hearing, certain letters sound like others, not good. Any input would be appreciated.
Sorry no. I think what causes this is the tiny hairs in the back of the ear have got laid down. Some times audiologists will add noise in the ear to cover it up. That’s what they wonted to do to a guy that works in the shop. He didn’t won’t to listen to even more noise and said no.

When you buy hearing aids you aren’t buying the aids what you are really buying is the technology and programs that go into making them. They all look about the same but they aren’t. My new ones identity over 30 back ground noises and reduce them. They have several programs and switch automatically between them. If you are in a quiet place they use one program in a restaurant another ridding down the road with the window open another I’m not implying others don’t do this. I’m sure some do.
I do know I went to the Post Office today. One of the clerks is a wonderful young lady that I couldn’t understand but about half of what she said. No matter how loud she talked. She could look straight at me and some words I still could not make out. Today I was at her station 30 minutes while she was getting postage on my daily packages. I understood every word she said and in about 15 minutes I said have you noticed I haven’t said ‘what did you say’. She said ‘no but you haven’t’.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote