View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 10:40 AM   #15
ChaseTX
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26041
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I never thought about what ChaseTX said but this night be close. Who works with their hands anymore, who makes something? Milton Freeman said wealth created when we make something, a car a pound of wheat or in my case a powder measure. Government does not create wealth. But bringing jobs back home? I don’t see that happening. I see stuff made in China that couldn’t buy the material for what it’s being sold retail for. I heard of a small company that was making screws for a large company. The buyer told the small company he would haft to lower his price 90% or they won’t buy from China. He couldn’t buy the material for that. We do need to start making products again. Do we really won’t our drugs made overseas.
What would bring back racing? Racing real cars, maybe. Every body knows all the cars are the same. The only people it benefits is the France family. Remember when you hated Richard Petty if you drove a Chevy like me. If NASCAR is to thrive you haft to bring that back. The cars used to all drive and handle different and that kept a race interesting.
Lynwood
Well said, and great information to think about.
Previous Eagle Cap 850, Elkhorn 8.5, Alfa Gold 38RLT
ChaseTX is offline   Reply With Quote