View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
scottkeen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20894
I think that the battery disconnect switch labeling is confusing (What does "Disconnect Off and Disconnect On mean?!? I would think "Disconnect Off" means the battery is not-not connected, a double negative, but it's the other way around). Wouldn't it MAKE SENSE to just label the switch positions: "Battery Disconnected" and "Battery Connected". Done. None of this "Disconnect" "On" "Off" business.

And like everyone says, there are still phantom loads if the battery is disconnected by the switch.

And when I put my rig in storage for any time at all, I physically disconnect the battery and remove it and take it home and put it on a trickle charger. I do have plans to put a solar trickle charger for the battery, so I don't have to lug it home and back each time.

Thanks for the heads-up about the battery not getting charged by the converter when the disconnect switch is in disconnected mode (I'm still confused by the "Disconnect On-Off" terminology).

I think the bottom line is like what BB_TX said -- Turn the switch to see what it does, turn it back, and never use it again.
scottkeen is offline   Reply With Quote