Thread: WINDOW AC unit
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 10:04 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I bought one of those portable ACs, like what Foldback linked to, before my trip to heat and humidity last summer. I only have 1 AC which is inadequate in high temp areas (which I usually try to avoid). The portable was significantly cheaper than adding a rooftop unit. It also works REALLY well! We maintained 70 degrees inside in 95/95 weather. Plus it runs off my Honda 2000i when boondocking.

Sunshine1 (Tom) is one of the members who installed a mini-split in his Montana. Foldbak provided a link to a thread about it. He is parked here in Quartzsite so I had a chance to look at his installation. Definitely an improvement over the roof top units.

As for the rooftop units running when heating, is it the Heat Pump actually running to produce heat or is it just the fan running while the furnace is on? There is a setting that stops the fan from running with the furnace. I don't have one of these so I don't remember the exact setting but someone will.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote