View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
If you see a problem.... Dont Procrastinate

Well I Procrastinated and I wont ever do it again .

The last time I had the front room slide open, I noticed the tape that Keystone use to seal the trim around the slide that buts up against the body when retracted in, had some ripples in a few spots, I thought it's been to beautiful to have bad weather, I'll fix it when we get back from our trip 10 days of camping, piece of cake.

Well we had 2 magnificent days of sunshine, and temps in the low 70's then the clouds and cold weather arrived, then rain,.....then hail..... then snow I of course have forgotten about my problem on the slide and enjoying the beautiful snow flakes landing on everything and turning white,,, Beautiful.....when I noticed a stain on the Day-night shades then the curtain then it dawned on me. how could I been so darn forgetful and dumb the slide was leaking I had water comming out of the wall plug, and the cabinets were wet along with the napkins, paper plates, and the rubber mats on the cabinet shelf. what a mess.
I has not hit me yet that the floor was soaking up all that water we never saw earlier. Thank god for Sham-Wows, remember when he did the coke on the rug? well we were doing his deminstration on our rug thumping that Sham-Wow and picking up water Georgia was wringing them out while I was thumping them and handing them back to her. I then decided to tarp the slide in 32 degree with a 20 mph wind. Burrr cold. I had to push the snow and slush off the slide and most of that went on me , after my work was destroyed by the wind 3 times I was using all things heavy on the slide to hold the tarp down from the wind. finally the leak was stoped I came into the warm Monty and we used electric heaters 24 hrs a day for 3 days to dry the rug.
Were home now, and I have my work cut out for me and Eterna-bond.
I think I'll check the kitchen slide while I;m doing the work.

Don, AKA - TT2