View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I use dual Hondas and there are only 3 big problems I haven't solved yet (I believe they are solvable).

First is capacity: This provides only 30 amp not 50 amp (I don't have a 2nd A/C so this is not critical, but will be if I ever get the second one). I have seen a triple cable connector for Hondas, but it's expensive and I've never heard of anyone's experience with it. This allows three gennies to run in parallel to get to 50amp support.

Second, is runtime: They only have 1 gallon tanks and run no more than 3-4 hours when using the A/C, One of them always runs out first, then there's the hassle of the interruption and refilling them is a pain, but hope to solve this buy purchasing "extended run tanks (erts) ". Then hopefully I only have to worry about refilling the "erts" when the gennies are shut down in the evening since most places you don't want to run overnight.

Finally, security: Others have reported theft of this configuration since it is a victim of its portability. I have not bothered to due the necessary work to make these more secure but there are ways to make them harder to steal. I would most worry about overnight theft since they are not running and I am usually asleep. Keep in mind for the theif whatever security you devise will be defeatable if their desire is strong enough.

Actually, there might be a 4th issue and that's the gasoline storage. I have a couple 5 gallon gas cans and must store them someplace safe and accessible. There's also getting them refilled, too.

Good luck shoehorning that generator into your rig. If it's propane powered I hope you find a way to monitor the propane supply.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote