View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 12:51 PM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
I don't know what the max and average power draw is for this fridge, but you should be able to find that info either in documents or online from another user who has studied it. #1- what kind of batteries do you have? Lead acid can only be drained to 50% before you affect the life of this type of battery. Lithium iron phosphate can be drained down to very low levels without affecting their life. Inverters are at best around 90% efficient. This means if you feed it with 12vdc to produce that 120vac, that it will use more amps or watts than it can provide. So, think about this...to provide 1 amp of 120vac for thr fridge, it will take around 12 or more amps of 12vdc out of the battery/ies. So if you had one lead acid battery that was spec'd at 75 amp/hrs, you can only take 37 amp hrs out before you have to turn off the drain. If your fridge took 1 amp of 120vac to run all the time, then that means it takes 12 amps at 12vdc and you have only 3 hours of runtime max. But, in real life the fridge should cycle on and off, ie duty cycle and you should get x times as long. You should be able to figure out how long you can run knowing what I have given you. How you recharge is up to personal taste and what you wish to spend. John