View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #6
fgood11
Established Member

M.O.C. #22784
Both the original and the replacement switch failed when the relay would not pull in to connect shore power to the RV. With the cover off the switch I could simply touch the top of the relay to activate it. It would not pull in on it's own. The generator side continued to work. It is hard to believe that two switches would fail in exactly the same way within the time I have owned this RV. There was no visible damage on either of the switches. The only thing that I can come up with is the mounting orientation. There must be some gravity forces working on the switch that is causing the failure. Remember this current switch quit working while I was in Branson, Mo. and worked the first time when I got home. But would not work again after power was removed with out giving the relay a little help. The road vibration going home must have worked it loose for one engagement. The attached file on page two show the approved mounting orientation for a vertical wall. If there isn't any reason for the failure I feel like I have to question the quality of this switch. I was hoping others had experience or knowledge that could point me toward the best path forward. If the switch has a good history but has sensitivity to position/orientation then I need to figure out how to rotate it with wire length issues etc. I appreciate everyone's assistance in the issue.

This switch uses a low voltage coil to activate the relay to avoid the hum that ac relays have.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PD52-PD52DCSD-PD53-Manual-english(1).pdf (1.19 MB, 347 views)
fgood11 is offline   Reply With Quote