View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 05:58 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Montana Sky, thanks for the tip. I just returned from walking to the thermostat and changing the fan setting from Auto to On.

By the way, we nearly always have the ceiling fan running when the AC is on and never get a freezeup. The ceiling fan is maybe 3 feet from the AC unit. Go figure.

In the past this AC has done an excellent job of keeping our rig right at the thermostat setting. But the past couple of days it has struggled. I suspect it may be getting near needing a recharge. The temperatures recently have peaked at around 95, 96, with high humidity (~65%), and the thermostat is on 75. During the peak afternoon heat it has risen to 80 degrees in here despite having the ceiling fan and a couple of floor fans running. It used to hold the temperature. We have no shade until late evening but we've had that situation before and been fine as I recall. Hopefully the fan trick will help keep the temperature from rising quite so much. If this continues I guess we'll have to think about having it checked. It will be three years old in about three or four weeks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote