View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I just checked with my brother and he uses Slip Plate all the time on farm equipment and his gravity wagons on the farm. Besides Grainger stores if you have a TSC (Tractor Supply) near you or a Bomgaars, which are both farm supply stores they stock Slip Plate. Both stores stock Slip Plate and have them in spray cans and in the larger quanity cantainers like quarts, gallons and more. I'm heading for TSC to pick some up for myself. It is suppose to lube the slides, chains and etc. without attracting dirt or dust which gums up the items. My brother uses the Slip Plate on the gravity wagon decking to make the grain flow out of the wagon easier also and there is plenty of dust when you harvest the grains from the fields and dump them into the wagon. I'm planning on using it on the slide rails also under each slide on the Monte besides the slide hitch.
Dale-- I used to use WD-40 on my hitch also and fouond out it attracts dust and holds it. I know you are our resident expert on the slides but I'd check out the use of Slip Plate instead of the WD-40. JMHO and not from an expert.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote