Thread: GPS units
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
rubble express
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6477
Thanks for all the responses. First, I've been playing around on "geocache.com" and can't believe how many people get into this activity. I live in a town of 1900 folks and there are over 50 caches within 20 miles of me. Unbelievable!!! Without a unit, I can sorta figure one is at the Court House....somewhere??? After exhaustive(?) research on a bunch of different websites, we decided on the Garmin Colorado 300. Among other things, it has paperless notes and electronic compass which, from what I have read, are plusses for geocaching. It also has specific geocaching functions, whatever they are. I got it off Ebay for $299, no tax, free shipping. I got Garmin's map update 2009 in my stocking for Christmas and it's good for this unit, so that's a plus. We can't wait to get going on this new "hobby". We're going to watch (hopefully) two space shuttle launches in May, and we already looked up a bunch of sights (hopefully finds) in Tittusville. BTW, the Garmin StreetPilot 2720 that we got for @$500 3 years ago is now available on Ebay for $118. Amazing how fast technology improves and gets cheaper. Thanks again to all, and hope you (we) all have have many more years of happy hunting!! Barney.
rubble express is offline   Reply With Quote