View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 03:44 PM   #4
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Unless you boondock a lot, lithium cost a lot for what you get. If you are always connected to shore power, a good deep cycle battery will be just fine.
If you do boondock a lot, they charge WAY faster and you can discharge them down to 10% without damage. FLA batteries can only be Discharged to 50%.
Here's a good article on lithium battery care.
How to find happiness with lithium batteries
https://www.solacity.com/how-to-keep...tteries-happy/

I put two 1" layers of styrofoam board insulation in the battery compartment. Also made my own 12vdc battery heaters for them when boondocking. I also put a 120vac 75w battery warmer up on edge along the front floor of that compartment for when we are on shore power. Keeps the chill out. I also put one in the basement to keep the pipes warm.
I have 552Ah of lithium. 2000W (4000w surge) inverter. Installed SoftStartRV on the bedroom air conditioner. Yes I can run the front AC on batteries. Tested it for 15 minutes, not sure how long it would run for.
I have 400W of solar panels. It did well last year when we dry camped on Ocracoke Island OBX NC for 5 days. Batteries were charged by noon everyday. I also installed a DC-DC charger for cloudy days.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote