View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
I think WeBeFulltime has got the answer on the popping noise epically if parked on concrete. Here is my idea about the issue. In February at Fort Pierce we were parked on a full concrete pad, the sun would heat us up in the day and when we cooled at night the popping noise occurred. We believe it was possibly the expanding and contracting of the I-beams. However, we did have two small hydraulic leaks (only leaked while operating the system), the leaks have now been fixed, one while at Tampa and the other in Nashville. We now have the Monty parked inside an insulated farm shop with all slides out and have not heard any popping noises while there in the day time or evenings. I did notice a one half inch drop in the front rams as I measured and did an Auto Level after two weeks. We have always had hydraulics drop some on the farm equipment especially loaders, but we constantly and aggressively put them under heavy loads. Hopefully now with no leaks in the Level Up and while it operates at a lower pressure than most farm equipment and is always lifting the very same load it should stay in place.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote