View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #19
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
First and foremost ... all you have to do to remedy flat batteries while sitting at storage for months is remove the negative battery cable or install another cutout switch at said cable. If I unhook my negative cable while sitting in storage from say Dec to early March ... they are still good to operate slides and level up once the negative cable is hooked back up. It eliminates parasitic drains.
Second ... although it works in a pinch, using the converters charge capability to make up for discharged batteries really puts a strain on the converter. The hydraulic pump draws a boat load of amps especially in colder months. The converter just isn't made for that kind of amp draw for very many cycles.
Not sure which converter you are referring to?

I am not concerned with any long term storage, we own at a private RV resort and store our 5er there typically for 1-week to a month at a time, whereas I would prefer not to have to disconnect cables every time, this is why I am considering a back up solution for that rare event the batteries are very low when I show up to move it from storage to our camp space.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote