View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Help! - One more flush line check valve question

Keystone was very helpful 2 weeks ago in helping me locate my black tank flush line check valve (behind the shower)and was even nice enough to tell me they would give me matching panel to cover the large hole I had to cut in my cupboard for access, and a new check valve.

Since then, I have made at least 6 phone calls and left multiple messages that got no response. The past 2 days I finally talked to two different service techs and had to repeat the whole story, my VIN and what I needed to both reps (who said they "started a file"). So after talking to a total of 3 different people, my status is that I have a large hole in my cupboard, no valve in hand, and two unconnected 1/2" water lines....and I am leaving for Myrtle Beach on Saturday. Thanks a lot!

Oh - and I checked the local Forest River dealer who said they don't put check vavlves on their rigs becuase the "icky stuff" can't travel back up that line unless the black tank was pressurized. I called the nearest Keystone dealer and they had no idea what I was asking for.

So the question is - can I just reconnect these 2 water lines together? Do I really need a check valve? It seems it is a dedicated line for the flush, so who cares even if it did back flow, which would be amazing physics? Or, can I leave the lines unconnected for this trip and just not use the flush line? Then hope for Keystone to come through?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote