View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 04:18 AM   #49
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Marshall and Rosemary
I just checked the dates and it conflicts with the Virginia State Good Sam Samboree at Urbania Va. We won't be able to make it afterall. Any other dates would have been fine. These dates may also be a conflict with other Virginia MOC members that are Good Sam members.
Ken and Velda Taylor
Dahlgren Va
2003 3655fl Montana/Ford F350 diesel
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by On The Road Again

Well, I must apologize for not having more "posts" on here lately concerning our "Virginia MOC Rally", but seems like this holiday period has been a busy one to say the least. Also, we were able to get a few more camping trips completed before I had to winterize our "Monty" last week, however, I haven't forgotten about trying to organize a "Virginia Spring Rally". From all the feedback I've received it seems most responses are in favor of the Shenandoah Valley area sometime in late April or mid May. Since Virginia in still known to have sudden snowstorms in late April, it seems mid May would be a better time frame for everyone.
Well, here's a date and location to consider and think about and get back to me with some firm confirmations as to whether you can be there. I have contacted "Walnut Hills Campground" and they have instructed me to notify them in Jan with an approximate number of rigs in attendance, however, each rally attendee will have to make their own reservations directly with the campground. They will want a list of attendees from me to help at check-in time. I figure with a Wednesday arrival and a Sunday departure would give us 3 full days of a good rally.

"Local Virginia Rally"
Dates: Wed; May 18 to May 22, 2005

Area attractions: May 21 & 22 will have the Civil War Reenactment of "The Battle of Newmarket, VA", where many students from "VPI" in Lexington, VA, lost their lives in this battle 141 years ago. "Frontier Culture Museum" (our cultural roots and farm life), "Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library", "Newmarket Civil War Battlefield", numerous caverns to explore and visit, example;("Luray, Endless,Skyline, Grand, Shenandoah, Natural Bridge").
Also, a drive along the beautiful "Skyline Drive" is a short distance as is a drive to "Natural Bridge, VA" along with all the hisory and beauty of the "Shenandoah Valley of Virginia". There are also many numerous historic sites and great places to shop for antiques in the Valley.

Okay all of you MOC's, no matter where you're from, if you are interested in having a Virginia Rally, please let me have some feed-back concerning this.
I need to have some type of numbers during the first week of Jan. of who may be coming so I can contact the campground with a preliminary count.
Most attractions that I have "quotes" around have a web site that you can visit with a little web surfing.
You can also visit the campground site at the following: http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/
Regards,
Marshall
ken is offline   Reply With Quote